To participate in the Trinket Sew Along you will need:
- To sign up for the through the Trinket Sew Along sign-up listing
- A copy or The Trinket Pattern (First or Second Edition)
- Fabric and supplies, as listed below.
It is almost impossible to give an exact amount of fabric needed to make the pieced blocks in this pattern. The idea is for you to choose color combinations you love for each block to create a quilt that is as unique as you.
The cover quilt is shown in forty solid fabrics for the throw-size quilt. We started with a quarter yard of each (plus 1 1/2 yards for the background squares). Although there was fabric left over, the quantity and variety of colors provided the freedom to enjoy making each block. The aim is for you to create something you love that is infused with personal meaning through the process of making.
Please refer to the Trinket Pattern for additional information about size and layout choices before making fabric selections. The Welcome Newsletter will also include additional information about choosing fabrics. Please read through it carefully as a helpful tool as you make your layout and materials choices.
- Add-A-Quarter Ruler by CM Designs, optional helpful for foundation paper piecing
- 4 1/2” square acrylic ruler or special edition Trinket Ruler available at alisonglass.com
- strong 80wt thread such as DecoBob by WonderFil
- thin copy or foundation paper and a printer/copier for making copies of the templates
- seam roller or iron/ironing surface
- sewing machine with adjustable stitch length
- rotary cutter, rulers, and cutting mat
- water-soluble glue stick, optional