2019 Trinket Sew Along
The Trinket quilt pattern uses forty foundation paper pieced blocks to create a distinct design with a lot of room for personalization. With so much variety, things will stay interesting as you make and share your blocks each day!
The sew along started March 10, 2019.
Many online and local shops are participating as sponsors - this means tons of weekly gift cards and other prizes plus beautiful, curated fabric bundles perfect for making a Trinket quilt! Many of these shop sponsors are also offering exclusive discounts to Trinket SAL participants during their featured week. See below for a list of shop sponsors and the beautiful bundles they have created. Click on a shop name to visit their shop to purchase.
Some shops are hosting local events. Check with your local shop(s) to see if they will host a class or sew-in. We will share details about scheduled shop events as we are notified. An online Trinket Sew-In day is scheduled for 3/30/19. Mark your calendar and look for more information as the date gets closer.
- The event will last for 10 weeks, March 10, 2019 - May 20, 2019.
- The first 8 weeks will consist of sewing the 40 blocks with one specific block assigned each day. Share one block each day of the week, Monday through Friday, on Instagram to be eligible for weekly prizes.
- Use the hashtag #TRINKETSAL to enter/share your blocks. You must post the correct block assigned for each day and use the #TRINKETSAL hashtag to be eligible to win prizes.
- The last 2 weeks will be for assembling the quilt top.
- Participants will choose their finished quilt size (and total number of blocks they make) but must make at least one of every block to be eligible for weekly (blocks are assigned daily) and grand prizes.
Grand prizes (for finished tops):
- Quilts with at least 40 pieced blocks (one of each type)
- Quilts with at least 80 pieced blocks
- Quilts with alternate layouts to the original pattern
*A note about GIVEAWAYS: We all love winning prizes! Please remember that while prizes are fun, the main reason to participate in a SAL should be to connect with others while enjoying the process of making, and hopefully finishing, a lovely new creation of your own. Please be happy for those who win and keep the proper perspective throughout the event. Thanks ahead of time for making it a great experience for yourself and others.
SIGNING UP FOR THE TRINKET SEW ALONG
Sign up below. Other than the purchase of the required pattern, there is no cost to sign up for or participate in the Trinket SAL. There will not be a cut off date for signing up; however, a person must be signed up to be eligible to win our weekly and grand prizes.
Signing up has some other benefits!
- Everyone who signs up on the form (below) will get a PDF of a new, exclusive Trinket block - only for SAL participants, emailed out on March 10, 2019, the event kick off date - if you join late - no problem send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the bonus block.
- Signing up on the form is the only way to get weekly Trinket SAL newsletters (the Trinket SAL newsletter is separate from the regular AG newsletter). Newsletters are the best way to get up-to-date information and the only way to get all of the wonderful coupon codes our sponsor shops will offer during the event.
- Finally, signing up on the form will make you eligible to get a ‘TRINKET FINISHER’ special enamel pin at the close of the event! This will be a fun (free) gift from the AG team as a prize for anyone who finishes a quilt top. We are very excited to see all of the beautiful Trinket quilts!
We would love for you to participate in this fun event! Sign up below!
xoxox - Alison + The AG Team