2019 Trinket Sew Along
IMPORTANT QUILT TOP SUBMISSION INFORMATION
TRINKET SAL FINISHER PIN + Grand Prizes!
Special enamel pins will be awarded to all SAL participants who finish a quilt top with at least 40 blocks (one of each type from the pattern, bonus block does not need to be included). In order to be eligible to receive a pin and to be entered to win one of three grand prizes, please complete the following requirements by MIDNIGHT ON 5/20/19:
- Send an email to email@example.com with a photo of your finished quilt top. Include your name, mailing address, and instagram handle in the email.
- The email should also include the category in which you would like to participate for the grand prizes. Choose from: quilts with at least 40 pieced blocks (one of each type), quilts with at least 80 pieced blocks, and quilts with alternate layouts to the original pattern (anything that is not the 4" finished Trinket blocks set as checkerboard).
- Post a photo of your finished quilt top on Instagram. Use the hashtags #trinketfinisher #trinketsal, and #alisonglass.
Sew Along DETAILS
- The event will last for 10 weeks, March 10, 2019 - May 20, 2019.
- The first 8 weeks will consist of sewing the 40 blocks with one specific block assigned each day. Share one block each day of the week, Monday through Friday, on Instagram to be eligible for weekly prizes.
- Use the hashtag #TRINKETSAL to enter/share your blocks. You must post the correct block assigned for each day and use the #TRINKETSAL hashtag to be eligible to win prizes.
- The last 2 weeks will be for assembling the quilt top.
- Participants will choose their finished quilt size (and total number of blocks they make) but must make at least one of every block to be eligible for weekly (blocks are assigned daily) and grand prizes.
Grand prizes (for finished tops):
- Quilts with at least 40 pieced blocks (one of each type)
- Quilts with at least 80 pieced blocks
- Quilts with alternate layouts to the original pattern
*A note about GIVEAWAYS: We all love winning prizes! Please remember that while prizes are fun, the main reason to participate in a SAL should be to connect with others while enjoying the process of making, and hopefully finishing, a lovely new creation of your own. Please be happy for those who win and keep the proper perspective throughout the event. Thanks ahead of time for making it a great experience for yourself and others.
SIGNING UP FOR THE TRINKET SEW ALONG
Sign up below. Other than the purchase of the required pattern, there is no cost to sign up for or participate in the Trinket SAL. There will not be a cut off date for signing up; however, a person must be signed up to be eligible to win our weekly and grand prizes.
Signing up has some other benefits!
- Everyone who signs up on the form (below) will get a PDF of a new, exclusive Trinket block - only for SAL participants, emailed out on March 10, 2019, the event kick off date - if you join late - no problem send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the bonus block.
- Signing up on the form is the only way to get weekly Trinket SAL newsletters (the Trinket SAL newsletter is separate from the regular AG newsletter). Newsletters are the best way to get up-to-date information and the only way to get all of the wonderful coupon codes our sponsor shops will offer during the event.
- Finally, signing up on the form will make you eligible to get a ‘TRINKET FINISHER’ special enamel pin at the close of the event! This will be a fun (free) gift from the AG team as a prize for anyone who finishes a quilt top. We are very excited to see all of the beautiful Trinket quilts!
We would love for you to participate in this fun event! Sign up below!
xoxox - Alison + The AG Team