Carousel Medallion BOM
We are thrilled to announce that sign ups are open for our first BLOCK OF THE MONTH (BOM) program! After all the love for Jessica Plunkett’s Pineapple Bullseye quilt this past holiday season, we are excited to share her latest design - a medallion style quilt, named the Carousel Medallion Quilt. Because, you know, both medallion quilts and carousels go round and round! We are truly enamored with Jessica’s lovely, playful design!
The Carousel BOM program will run from April through November 2023. April is for gathering supplies and joining the (optional) AG Stitch Club online community. Cutting and sewing start in early May. We will have participation patches and finisher pins as well as all of the other typical AG goodness to make this a great first BOM!
The goal of this BOM (besides ending up with a gorgeous new quilt) is to make a fun, beginner-friendly project, with an emphasis on slowing down and enjoying the process. This is a low key, slower paced program with an emphasis on skill building. You will learn and practice a number of foundational quilting skills including half square triangles, flying geese, and sewing curves. A medallion style quilt builds on itself layer by layer and it will come together more easily and efficiently when unrushed care is put toward construction.
The Carousel Medallion BOM will begin with a detailed cutting and organization process to get you ready and totally prepared for the fun of sewing. We will practice our skills in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere including tips and video tutorials. The Carousel Medallion quilt finishes at 76” x 76”.
Carousel + Trinket
We want to note that while the Carousel Medallion BOM and Trinket SAL do have some calendar overlap, we feel that participating in both is very achievable! Practically speaking, there are about six weeks of overlap (including two break weeks for Trinket) at the beginning of the eight month BOM. The BOM is structured with some extra time cushion throughout the event + about six extra weeks at the end to finish up before finisher pin submissions are due on 11/20/23.
- Signing Up Includes the Pattern!
The pattern will be delivered via PDF in a typical BOM structure, month by month. In month 1 (May) we will cut and organize fabric for the quilt top and sew the small center section. From there, months 2 - 6 will focus purely on sewing! We are excited for this format - giving the opportunity to focus on sewing skills and precision with a small time commitment per month.
- Adds your name to the list to receive SAL newsletters throughout the entire event. (note: you MUST opt in as a newsletter subscriber to get SAL newsletters). When you check out, please be mindful about the email account used when you sign up. This is the email where our BOM newsletters (and pattern sections) will be sent. If you have not received the 'Welcome Newsletter' within 24 hours of check out please verify your email address, check your spam/junk folders, and then email email@example.com for assistance.
- Includes a special edition Carousel Medallion Participation Patch created exclusively for the event as a memento of our time together.
- Includes an invitation to the AG Stitch Club online community (Invitations will go out April 7, 2023), access to any recorded or live BOM video content, allows eligibility for pre-event, monthly prizes, and Finisher Pins.
- Allows eligibility for pre-event giveaways, monthly prizes, and Finisher Pins.
Participation Patches & Finisher Pins
Each participant who joins the Carousel Medallion BOM will receive a participation patch. To earn a finisher pin, participants must complete the quilt top and submit a photo by the due date of November 20, 2023.
Patches will be mailed to the address used during sign-up, and if there are any address changes, participants must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. If you're purchasing a sign-up for a friend, please put their name in the shipping address. Alternatively, if you're purchasing multiple sign-ups, leave us a note with the relevant addresses, and we'll adjust the mailing accordingly. We plan to send out participation patches early summer.
The estimated ship date for finisher pins is January 2023. Updates on pins and patches are always available on the product update page.
- To help us spread the word about the SAL, post our ‘I’M IN!’ Carousel Medallion BOM graphic to Instagram and/or Facebook. You can download the image by clicking on the link in your Welcome Letter or screenshot it from the @alisonglass Instagram account. Don't forget to include the hashtags #CarouselMedallion, #alisonglass, and #maeberrysquare on Instagram. We will randomly select a few participants who post the graphic to win a $25 gift card to www.alisonglass.com between now and May 5, 2023.
- Post your fabric choices to Instagram anytime before May 5, 2023, to enter to win a $50 gift certificate to the shop at alisonglass.com. And don’t forget to use the official hashtags mentioned above.
Create and share the assigned blocks on Instagram each month using the hashtags #CarouselMedallion, #alisonglass, and #maeberrysquare to be eligible for monthly prizes - gift certificates from our lovely Shop Sponsors! Please note that the deadlines for posting will be at midnight of your local time zone.
We would love for you to participate in this fun event!
- Alison + The AG Team