The Cozy Sew Along & Workshop - Materials & Supplies
The Cozy materials list is relatively simple:
- 100% cotton medium weight jersey knit fabric for the top and bottom layers (The jersey knit for this project is best sourced through kits we have made especially for this project, details below.)
- quilting cotton for the middle layers (Use fabric from your stash, an existing quit top, or choose one of our curated middle layer bundles.)
- Perle cotton thread for the stitching (Alison Glass WonderFil Perle 8 suggested, 6 - 8 balls)
The supply list is pretty basic, you likely have most of what you’ll need on hand.
- copy paper/printer, tape, paper scissors, printer to make the stencils (Or you may choose to purchase the pre-cut stencils in the shop.)
- pen/pencil for tracing the stencil
- pins: safety, straight
- hand sewing needles, milliners 3 suggested
- small sharp scissors for cutting knit, micro tip suggested
- Wonder Clips (optional)
- silicone needle puller (optional)
Materials - in depth
Jersey Knit (top and bottom layers)
We have crafted a jersey knit fabric specifically for this project. Alison selected colors with the perfect balance of vibrant and neutral tones, designed to coordinate with many quilting cotton fabrics. Each knit kit contains a "just right" amount of fabric to make the top and bottom layers of the Cozy Quilt, 54” x 70”, slightly over 4 yards. The knit we've produced is of excellent quality, 100% cotton, medium weight, and 60” in width. We strongly recommend using 100% cotton for this project instead of a cotton/spandex blend.
Because we have made the knit specifically for this event there is a limit of the number of kits we can make in each color. We don’t expect to run out of any particular color soon, but we also suggest not waiting too long to make fabric choices and place kit orders because of this limit. We want you to get your first choice/choices! The jersey knit kit portion as well as most of the other materials and supplies for this project will ship in December, by the end of the year, for a January start. Middle layer quilting cotton bundles, however, will ship separately in early November to allow for working in the middle layer in November/December, if desired.
This is a throw sized project, but if that seems like a lot or too much of a commitment we suggest using the kit to make a set of large floor pillows (about 27”) over time, concentrating on one at a time. We will include notes for this alternate size/project in the workshop and journal. If you prefer a larger knit cut please contact email@example.com.